This weekend it became official. After much debate, speculation, and controversy, Bronx-born Boricua Sonia Sotomayor was sworn-in as the first Latina United States Supreme Court Justice. Sotomayor will become the 111th person and only the third woman to sit on the highest court of the land. Sonia Sotomayor has been the pride of Puerto Ricans and Latinos everywhere since President Obama nominated her to the US Supreme Court last May. She will forever be a part of American history.
- My Favorite Latino Blogs
- My Favorite Latino Blogs for 2010
- My Favorite Latino Blogs for 2011
- Bogota Latin Bistro & Mojito Bar in Brooklyn, NY
- LatISM NYC Conference Roundup
- Latinos Have Census Questions Around Race
- Bronx Borough President Carrión Joins Obama Administration