In 2009 I posted an entry about My Favorite Latino Blogs and followed up on the topic with My Favorite Latino Blogs for 2010. In browsing the blogosphere this time around to find my favorite for 2011, I came across so many incredible blogs that narrowing it down to just 10 was quite a challenge. There is no scientific method involved in my decision making process. I just go with what I like, what catches my attention, or what other Latinos would find interesting and/or informative. So here are my top ten Latino blogs for 2011:
- LatinoPoliticsBlog.com – With Latinos becoming a major force in politics, I think this blog is amazing. It provides a wealth of information and every Latino should have it bookmarked.
- LATISM Blog – Latinos in Social Media is the largest organization of Hispanic professionals engaged in social media. I’m a member and a huge fan. The organization just had a successful conference in Chicago.
- Hispanic PR Blog – A guide to Hispanic public relations and social media news, this blog excellently covers industry news and trends and is one to check out daily.
- Bella Vida by Letty – This is a blog by a creative Boricua that shares her inspirational photography, art, quotes, and life’s lessons with the world to make it a better place.
- Andy Checo – This is the personal blog of a Dominican public relations professional specializing in the US Hispanic market. Checo is the founder of the monthly Hispanic Public Relations Chat #hprchat on Twitter (first Wednesday of every month at 8pm EDT.)
- The Buffalo Puerto Rican Press – Maria Rosa started writing for the Buffalo Puerto Rican Press back in 1978 as a columnist for the Latin Journal. Rosa covers politics and Puerto Ricans nationally and specifically in the Buffalo, NY area.
- Salvador Mendoza – This is the personal blog of a father, husband, photography enthusiast, and technology/social media professional.
- Una Cabeza de Coco – This is the blog of an entrepreneur and owner of one of the most creative and forward-thinking PR/Marketing firms in the nation and the founder and moderator of the first and ONLY Latina Lifestyle Blogger Group.
- La CaSSaDaGa – A blog by Julián Esteban Torres López, its mission is to share with an English-speaking, int’l audience the diverse, creative talents of budding Colombian artists and introduce Colombians to the emerging, non-mainstream talents of the world.
- Cowgirls Don’t Get the Blues – This is a blog about a Dominican named Rosanna who used to live in Boston and now lives in Montana.
Please support the work of the Latinos/as above by visiting their blogs, commenting on posts, and sharing their links. Feel free to also make a comment below about the blogs in this post or use the space to give a shout out to another Latino blog.