With more than 45 million Americans uninsured, health care reform must become a reality. No matter what the obstacle, Americans deserve access to adequate affordable health coverage. Conservatives are trying to scare everyone into thinking the health care reform issue is dead. However, now more than ever, Americans all across the nation need to contact their elected representatives and demand health care reform now. No matter how difficult or challenging the process, health reform must pass. People with severe medical conditions should not have to worry about possibly declaring bankruptcy because of an unforeseen accident or ailment. Others should not be denied access to necessary care because of a pre-existing condition. Insurance companies should not pick and choose which Americans get health coverage and which do not. Hospitals should not be allowed to charge $50 for an aspirin. Much work and discussion has already gone into trying to resolve the health care issue and it would be stupid and irresponsible for politicians to turn back now. Americans, of all political preferences, deserve a reasonable, working, and fair health care system. If the topic is taken off the table now, Americans may never see another opportunity for positive health care reform.
- Puerto Rico's Political Status?
- Latinos Have Census Questions Around Race
- "We're suffering" - My Mom's Scream For Help in Cabo Rojo, Puerto Rico
- Bronx Borough President Carrión Joins Obama Administration
- NYC’s Democratic Primary Election – Tuesday, Sept. 15th
- The 2010 Census: A Push for a Full Latino Count
- Arizona Anti-Immigrant Bill Legalizes Racial Profiling