Any time I find something interesting online I like to share it far and wide. I came across a cool and informative video about social media by Erik Qualman entitled #Socialnomics 2014. I thought I would post the video here and highlight a few incredible statistics. You can check out the full video below.
Here are some facts to keep in mind next time you engage in social media:
- 50% of the world’s population is under 30 years old.
- One in five couples meet online.
- Three in five gay couples meet online.
- “Selfie” is now a word in Webster.
- Every second two new members join LinkedIn.
- Grandparents are the fastest growing demographic on Twitter.
- 90% of consumers trust peer recommendations.